While many Oregonians get coverage through large employers and public agencies, about 10 percent buy insurance on their own in the individual market or receive coverage through small employers. These are the rates that the Insurance Division oversees.
One of the strongest and most public rate review processes in the country ensures that you can participate.
The rate review process
- After May 31, 2014, you will be able to find examples of proposed 2015 rates on these pages. You can also look up details of a rate request from your insurer and comment. The division will review all requests to change rates. We will make decisions on what is reasonable by mid-summer. New rates are effective Jan. 1, 2015.
- After we approve rates, you can shop for coverage through Cover Oregon and through insurance companies and agents.
- Open enrollment, when you can buy or switch individual coverage, starts Nov. 15, 2014.
- If you are a small employer, your rates will change on your normal schedule.
- Questions? Contact our rate liaison at 503-947-7660
Links to key information:
Financial help tools
Visit Oregon’s health insurance marketplace to see how federal financial assistance might reduce the costs of private health insurance for your family.
Some insurance plans will have the same benefits from one company to the next. This chart summarizes health benefits for standardized bronze, silver and gold plans.