While many Oregonians get coverage through
large employers and public agencies, about 10 percent buy insurance on
their own in the individual market or receive coverage through small
employers. These are the rates that the Insurance Division oversees.
One of the strongest and most public rate review processes in the country ensures that you can participate.
The rate review process
- By June 10, 2014, you will be able
to find examples of proposed 2015 rates on these pages. You can also
look up details of a rate request from your insurer and comment. The
division will review all requests to change rates. We will make
decisions on what is reasonable by the beginning of August. New rates
are effective Jan. 1, 2015.
- After we approve rates, you can shop for coverage through Cover Oregon and through insurance companies and agents.
- Open enrollment, when you can buy or switch individual coverage, starts Nov. 15, 2014.
- If you are a small employer, your rates will change on your normal schedule.
- Questions? Contact our rate liaison at 503-947-7660
Links to key information:
Some insurance plans will have the
same benefits from one company to the next. This chart summarizes health
benefits for standardized bronze, silver and gold plans.